What is "personal information"?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What information do we collect?
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include: Name, Email, Phone Number, Address, Education, Work Experience, and Type of opportunities you are open to.
How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the website.
Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on and off the website.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
Purpose of collection
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below.
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be reviewed by a key member of our team, and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Most of the personal information we collect will be stored Australia, however, there may be instances where we need to transfer personal information overseas, such as when we engage service or technology providers with a global workforce or network. If we do need to transfer personal information overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient complies with Australian privacy laws or has a comparable privacy framework that ensures the protection of your data.
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. The fact that you may be located in Europe does not, however, on its own entitle you to protection under the GDPR. Our website does not specifically target customers located in the European Union and we do not monitor the behaviour of individuals in the European Union, and accordingly the GDPR does not apply.
How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us through: email@example.com.